Food at Brookdale
REPLACING RESTRICTION WITH BALANCE
WHY THE NUTRIFIT PROGRAMME?
- The Nutrition Component of the Nutrifit Programme is simple and easy to follow.
- Women will be served 1200 calories per day.
- Men will be served 1500 calories per day.
- There will always be seconds for those who are not at Brookdale for weight loss.
- FACT: Portion distortion is our worst enemy, how much are you eating?
THE BENEFITS OF EATING THE NUTRIFIT WAY
- Helps to keep the blood sugar levels stable.
- Decreases the risk of cardio-vascular disease.
- Helps you realise what a portion size is all about.
- Reduces overeating.
- Breaks bad habits we enforce in every day life.
- Eliminates stimulants found in the external environment – a form of detox.
- May help reduce the risks of developing certain forms of cancer.
- Increases energy levels due to improving overall nutrient intake from the food
Taste of Brookdale
DOWNLOAD OUR RECIPES
BREAKFAST: Freshly baked whole wheat scone with smoked salmon, sliced avocado, cream cheese, pumpkin seed pesto and capers. 10 O’
CLOCK SNACK: Mixed Berry Smoothie.
LUNCH: Mixed leaf, avo & goats cheese salad with green goddess dressing. Deboned trout with broccoli pesto served with new baby potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
4 O’ CLOCK SNACK: Veggie sticks with red bean hummus.
DINNER: Moroccan Butternut & Red Lentil Soup served with crusty homemade bread followed by Just fruit lollies.
Click on an image below, to download the recipe